Waiting on the vote results

July 2024 Forums General discussion Waiting on the vote results

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    paula.mcewan

Will the Tories be sent into oblivion? Will Labour emerge victorious? It’s an interesting watch. It goes without saying that in the grand scheme of things, it doesn’t make a difference which party emerges victorious- but isn’t there something satisfying about seeing the Conservative Party destroyed (hopefully)?

DJP
    Participant

Apparently Boris Johnson got turned away for not having the correct photo ID. Couldn’t make it up!

piers
    Keymaster
    ALB
    Keymaster

Don’t know if that is the real reason but that’s how it will be seen :

https://labourlist.org/2024/05/local-elections-results-2024-council-2/?amp

Serves them right.

paula.mcewan

It strikes me as odd that we’re not happy that the Conservatives have got a kicking. Seems we’re a political party that doesn’t give a dam about the voters.

DJP
    Participant

I glad the conservatives, especially in their current BNP mode, are on the way out. But what follows from them will of course only be marginally different. Though marginal differences affect those on the margins most.

How much better these marginal differences will be for workers we will have to see. They will be inheriting a bad situation.

Schadenfreude is a hollow type of happiness.

Lizzie45
    Blocked

It strikes me as odd that we’re not happy that the Conservatives have got a kicking.

Could you tell us why the party should be happy? I’m not a member but even I know there’s very little difference between the Conservatives, Labour and all the other parties seeking to reform capitalism.

imposs1904
    Participant

“It strikes me as odd that we’re not happy that the Conservatives have got a kicking. Seems we’re a political party that doesn’t give a dam about the voters.”

It’s a rehash of 1997 all over again but without the D:Ream soundtrack*.

*Things have got better . . . musically.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by imposs1904.
    Bijou Drains
    Participant

“It strikes me as odd that we’re not happy that the Conservatives have got a kicking.”

If I could make a football analogy, for me it’s a bit like Liverpool beating Man United 8-0, I would find it highly amusing watching the Man United players and manager giving their shame faced interviews to the TV and press, I like the miserable looks on their fans, however I would also have to face the only slightly less repellent (sorry L.Bird if your still out there) Liverpool manager and players giving jubilant and celebratory interviews. At the same time I would also have the regret that my team (as ever) won bugger all.

Ozymandias
    Participant

<em class=”d4pbbc-italic”>It strikes me as odd that we’re not happy that the Conservatives have got a kicking.

Could you tell us why the party <em class=”d4pbbc-italic”>should be happy? I’m not a member but even I know there’s very little difference between the Conservatives, Labour and all the other parties seeking to reform capitalism.

<em class=”d4pbbc-italic”>It strikes me as odd that we’re not happy that the Conservatives have got a kicking.

Could you tell us why the party <em class=”d4pbbc-italic”>should be happy? I’m not a member but even I know there’s very little difference between the Conservatives, Labour and all the other parties seeking to reform capitalism.

Capitalist parties like the ones you’ve mentioned do not seek to reform Capitalism but to administrate it. Why should it worry you anyway? Fron what I’ve read from your previous posts it’s like you love Capitalism. Always rubbing it in that the SPGB have failed utterly. You should spit your vitriol instead at the SWP or any other Leftist outfit because their utopian fantasies (Sanitised Capitalism) haven’t been realised either. And never will be.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Ozymandias.
    Thomas_More
    Participant

” Schadenfreude is a hollow type of happiness.”

Ambrose Bierce defines happiness as the feeling that comes over us upon witnessing another’s misfortune.

Bijou Drains
    Participant

Crystal Palace 4 Man Utd 0

I’ve been laughing like a drain for about 3 hours!

LBird
    Participant

Bijou Drains wrote: “Crystal Palace 4 Man Utd 0

I’ve been laughing like a drain for about 3 hours!”

Even the repellent ones have shared your joy!

Bijou Drains
    Participant

L Bird. With Liverpool, I referenced the manager and the players but not the fans. Generally I have found the majority of Liverpool fans are less entitled and more genuine than Man United (and Everton fans as well, to be honest)

Mod note: if we could leave the football banter now, please, and return to topic…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.