Russian Tensions

August 2024 Forums General discussion Russian Tensions

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 991 through 1,005 (of 5,217 total)
  • Author
    james19
    Participant

Love this.

Normalise calling American billionaires oligarchs too.

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMLf9CP9q/

Anonymous
    Inactive

Media still doing their utmost to get us all to demand NATO intervene!

robbo203
    Participant

Another example of divisions amongst the oligarchs over recent developments. Some have apparently turned their backs on Putin. I wonder to what extent there are divisions in the Russian military – particularly among the top brass

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/oligarch-accuses-putin-of-dragging-russia-back-to-1917/ar-AAUWjbb?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531

and

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/putin-allies-6-prominent-russians-who-turned-their-backs-on-putin-after-ukraine-invasion/ar-AAUWAeJ?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by robbo203.
    alanjjohnstone
    Keymaster

Cracks appear in the Russian media, Robbo?

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-60685883

Criticism of the Russian invasion of Ukraine has appeared on Russian TV, marking an unusual departure for the tightly controlled Russian media.“Evenings with Vladimir Soloviev,” a popular pro-Kremlin talk-show on the Russia-1 channel, strayed from Moscow’s official line. Semyon Bagdasarov, an academic appearing on the show, asked whether “we need to get into another Afghanistan, but even worse”
    The comments are unusual as the programme’s host Soloviev has been a loyal ally of Putin

alanjjohnstone
    Keymaster
    robbo203
    Participant

Some videos – one by Russell Brand – with background info on the Ukraine crisis

ALB
    Keymaster

Just received a circular email from Борис (no, not that one) who seems to be a “Marxist” supporter of the Russian invasion. What did you say to him? Sounds as if it might have been a home truth or two.

“Boris Ikhlov, secretary of executive committee of Russia’ Marxist political union “Worker”, 5.3.2022

PS. Some English (or American) fool, Robin Cox, was unable to master my text and therefore did not come up with a greater stupidity than to accuse me of nationalism. He, with his zero education and chicken brains, still decided to teach me down! He did not accuse Ukrainians of fascism, who consider themselves a superior race. He did not accuse Americans of fascism who consider themselves a superior race, he accused me, who opposes American and Ukrainian fascism! In fact, this Englishman proved that he, like the whole of Great Britain, is a corrupt cattle licking Biden’s ass.
    Robin Cox is not Marxist. He is not communist. He is not internationalist. He is anticommunist. He is Nazi.”

Keep it up, comrade !

Anonymous
    Inactive

Moscow always accuses critics of “Nazism.” The SPGB were called Nazis for opposing participation in WW2. The exiled Trotsky was also called a Nazi. And now you.

alanjjohnstone
    Keymaster

I used to regularly watch Jimmy Dore but he quickly leapt onto the anti-mask mandate anti-vaxxer anti-Fauci bandwagon.

He has a feud with TYT about Russiagate, which he recognised as a totally made-up controversy to benefit the Democrats.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It is something normal among the Stalinists and the Trotskyists, they call Nazis and Fascists to all their opponents and whoever does not support their nationalists’ point of view. With the emergence of their so-called Post Fascism, anybody is a fascist. They suffer from historical amnesia they do not remember that Stalin made a pact with the Nazis, and Trotsky supported the Hitler Stalin pact

Anonymous
    Inactive

And of course, Bolshevism is real fascism.

robbo203
    Participant

Just received a circular email from Борис (no, not that one) who seems to be a “Marxist” supporter of the Russian invasion. What did you say to him? Sounds as if it might have been a home truth or two.

Adam, I accused him of being a Russian nationalist and offering support for the strategic interests of the capitalist Putin regime rather than siding with the interests of workers, both Russian and Ukrainian, in opposing this senseless capitalist war. The usual SPGB line in other words…

The guy is a complete joke so his insults are like water off a duck’s back to me. I won’t bother responding to him again. There is no reasoning with him. He seems to think I am a “corrupt cattle licking Biden’s ass” (strange metaphor as I struggle to imagine a cow licking someone’s ass) . He can’t seem to get his head around the idea that just because one is opposed to the Putin regime this does not make one pro-Ukraine or pro-West/NATO. As for justifying Putin’s invasion of Ukraine on the grounds of cleansing that country of fascism, he should perhaps look a little closer to home and the fascistic tendencies of the Putin regime itself

Not that either Ukraine or Russia are strictly fascist regimes although they are both corrupt authoritarian capitalist regimes, of course, driven ultimately by the interests of their respective oligarchic classes – our pseudo-Marxist, Boris, being the unwitting tool of one of them!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by robbo203.
    james19
    Participant

AJ

Here’s another football linked forum.

Yemen? No
    Racism / BLM? Yup
    Palestine? No
    Uighar Muslims? HELL no!
    Ukraine? All the way in

https://www.ja606.co.uk/articles/viewArticle/443195

Anonymous
    Inactive

Robbo, a cow did show an interest when my breeches were down, under a tree whilst English Civil War re-enactment camping. I didn’t know she was there until it was er … a bit too late.

robbo203
    Participant

Oh dear, AC. I hope you recovered from that traumatic experience hehe

Viewing 15 posts - 991 through 1,005 (of 5,217 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.