Russian Tensions

September 2024 Forums General discussion Russian Tensions

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 5,247 total)
  • Author
    PJShannon
    Keymaster

‘What hold does the U.S. have over them?’

Er, being the only thing standing in the way of Russia taking over the whole of western Europe?

TobyBelch
    Participant

https://www.rt.com/russia/549321-mps-unveil-bid-recognize-ukrainian/

I haven’t been on any of the SPGB sites for sometime. I hope my post makes sense.

I just saw a snippet of news on the Russia Today website. This could be significant, perhaps?

YFS, Andy D.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The same intention that Stalin and the Soviet Union had during world war two which was to occupy Europe completely, and the invasion of Normandy stopped them to do that

Anonymous
    Inactive

Looks like Zelenskyy is now convinced Russia will invade on Wednesday.

alanjjohnstone
    Keymaster

MS, I thought that it was Stalin’s insistence that the Second Front was opened with the invasion of Europe by US/UK.

You make it appear Stalin was opposed to D-Day. It was its delay that he opposed.

Historians always wondered whether the Soviets could have prevailed without it and won the war alone.

I think they could have.

The Allied bombing campaign on German cities and factories was perhaps more significant than the D-Day Landing.

But who knows?

Anonymous
    Inactive

All are very specific about Wednesday as the day for the invasion.
    Maybe the US is devising an “incident”?

ALB
    Keymaster

”Looks like Zelenskyy is now convinced Russia will invade on Wednesday.”

Where did you read that? I couldn’t find anything about it on the internet after a quick search.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Al Jazeera just now, but their prelude to the news item had made it sound like that.
    It turns out he is making it a day of “national unity” because it is the day it’s supposed to happen.

Why it’s supposed to happen precisely on Wednesday, I don’t know, but the west seems convinced.

ALB
    Keymaster

Thanks. Found it on Al Jazeera:

“Ukraine makes Wednesday ‘unity day’ in face of feared invasion

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has declared Wednesday – the day US officials warn might mark the start of a feared Russian invasion of the ex-Soviet state – national “unity day”.

“They tell us that February 16 will be the day of the invasion. We will make this into Unity Day. I have signed the corresponding decree,” Zelenskyy said in a national address.”

I am not sure that that means he is convinced that Russia will invade that day. The “they tell us” might even suggest that he personally doesn’t think it will happen. I don’t think Biden or Johnson really do either. They are just saying it is possible. Well, yes, it’s not impossible but, then, so are lots of things.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The Daily Mail says it’s from a credible report.

ALB
    Keymaster

I think they mean that a report that Russia has everything in place to launch an invasion is what is “credible” not that they will actually do it at 6am on the morning of Wednesday 16 February.

Anyway let’s wait and see. Rendezvous-view the day after tomorrow.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Did they say 6 am?

So I can have a coffee and watch Everybody Loves Raymond first, to settle me before switching on the news.

ALB
    Keymaster

I am not sure they entered in that much detail. I think the word they used was “wolf”.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The leftwinger taking sides. Raising the flag of anti-imperialism

No to war – Russia’s hands off Ukraine!

As always the left-wingers taking sides and raising the flag of anti-imperialism

Anonymous
    Inactive

So these twits are on the same side as the neo-nazis in Ukraine and the NATO politicians.

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 5,247 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.