Russian Tensions

July 2024 Forums General discussion Russian Tensions

• This topic has 5,218 replies, 38 voices, and was last updated 1 day ago by ALB.
Viewing 15 posts - 2,281 through 2,295 (of 5,216 total)
  • Author
    Wez
    Participant

This was posted on our local ‘Nextdoor Newsfeed’. Mao and Stalin don’t compare with our late queen – scary.

“I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion.”

‘This quote from the Queen’s 1957 Christmas broadcast sums it all up for me. A life lived so well, before God, with a beautiful mix of duty and devotion. Royal, yet servant-hearted. Regal, yet hard-working. Crowned, yet kind.
    In an age where character no longer seems to be king, I’m so grateful that this steadfast, faithful and dedicated follower of Christ was our Queen. I join my voice today to the millions of others mourning the loss of Queen Elizabeth II and celebrating her inspiring legacy. May she rest in peace and rise in glory.’

Bijou Drains
    Participant

Thinking about the Democratic Workers Party, I was wondering if any one can remember that American clown who used to wear an odd kind of North Korean uniform and posted pro North Korean propaganda videos on youtube.

I have been racking my mind to remember his name, he was a complete spud, but I cannot for the life of me remember his name and his “party”. I used to really enjoy his videos, they were so funny, he put me in mind of TS.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Anonymous
    Inactive

His name is Jason unrube

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think his name is Jason Unruhe

Anonymous
    Inactive

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Workers_Party.

Another political cult similar to the cult of Bob Avakian and Hardial Bains

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardial_Bains. His legacy was questioned by the MLPUSA and some members said that he was a CIA agent
    He was a Maoist and then he became a follower of the Albanian tendency or Enver Hoxha, and now his party support the Cuban government and Fidel Castro, another figure who created a cult in Latin America. The MLPUSA questioned the legacy of Stalin and Enver Hoxha and the party was dissolved, as well as the party of Michael Klonsky

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Klonsky He created his own cult and he had bodyguards

Anonymous
    Inactive

https://www.pacoredo.org/RECIENTE_2011/mentiras_sobre_stalin_portada.html

This is the Latin American or Caribbean version of RCP US

Bijou Drains
    Participant

Jason Unrube, That’s the fella. I’m sure he used to sometimes have a kind of comic opera uniform he used to wear. I wonder if him and TS are one and the same person?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Bijou Drains
    Participant

Checked him out it’s Jason Unruhe. What a first class plum!

TrueScotsman
    Blocked

“This reasoning is a fallacy of relevance: it fails to address the proposition in question by misrepresenting the opposing position.”

My God you’re dim. Did your parents do nothing but drop you on your head as a child Bojo Brains?

How can I have misrepresented your argument if I didn’t even represent it?

TrueScotsman
    Blocked

““But my question was why did the Communist Party oppose the war from 1939 – 1941 when several European nations had been attacked, invaded and occupied.”

TS responds “Why should the Soviets have gone to their rescue?”

Perhaps I did not make myself clear. I was referring to the CPGB, not the Soviet Union.”

Clear as mud. How should I know the answer to that question? I’m not British. Look into it yourself. My only guess is the reasons I’ve already provided.

“An imperialist war suddenly transformed into a Great Patriotic Anti-Nazi war in 1941.”

It was still an imperialist war. Nothing changed.

“The non-existence of the Polish government.

Indeed the Polish government did flee to Romania, when USSR invaded and it became a 2-front war.”

The Soviets never invaded. If they had, Britain would’ve have been obliged to declare war on the Soviet Union also. They didn’t because it wasn’t an invasion.

“Up to then, Poland’s government was still operating”

You are rewriting history. The Red Army crossed the border when the Polish government fled. Armies serve governments. With no state to serve the Polish army had no legal status. It’s troops were now nothing more than an armed mob. The Polish government was the most cowardly of WW2. It was the only government to voluntarily intern itself. By doing so it guaranteed the obliteration of its country.

“and its armed forces were still fighting until 6 Oct.”

They had no legal status. Legally, the army was nothing more than an armed mob.

“In Romania it was interned stopping any government function.”

Yes, because they were cowards. Had they fled to the Soviet side of the river their country would have remained.

“On September 30, Ignacy Mościcki, President of Poland who was interned in Rumania, handed over his Office to Władysław Raczkiewicz, who managed to get to France.

This was done in accordance with art.24 of the Polish Constitution of 1935 which states that in time of war the term of the President’s office shall be prolonged to three months after the conclusion of peace and that the President by a special act appoints his successor in case the office falls vacant before the conclusion of peace. Art.24 thus preserves the continuity of the office of the President of the Republic of Poland, the source of constitutional authority and the continuity of successive Polish governments. The President is the Head of State. The President is the embodiment of sovereignty and continuity of State authority.

The Parliament of the Republic of Poland was dissolved by President Raczkiewicz in Paris, in November 1939. In its place, a National Council was formed, as an advisory body to the President.

On October 1 in Paris, a Government in Exile, with Sikorski as prime minister is sworn in and the United States and France officially recognised the government.”

All irrelevant.

Allan, you dodged my question. Should the Soviet Union have allowed the Nazis to occupy the entirety of former Polish territory? Yes or no?

TrueScotsman
    Blocked

If you lot are trying to wear me down with inanity it’s beginning to work. Not one of you is my equal intellectually. I guess I won’t be sharpening my blade much more on this wetstone. Do try harder folks.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Jason Unrube, That’s the fella. I’m sure he used to sometimes have a kind of comic opera uniform he used to wear. I wonder if him and TS are one and the same person?
    ————————————————-
    He has the haircut of a Tomahawk

That website says that Jason Unrube is a third worldist, the thing is that Mao Tse Tung created the three world theory and it was rejected by Enver Hoxha, and using the same theory they provided support to the government of Augusto Pinochet and they offered armaments for his government.

The real concept of third world was related to those countries that were not aligned with the Soviet Union or the USA during the Cold War period, that concept is not valid any more. The funny thing is that Cuba was included in that groups and they were aligned with the Soviet Union

Viewing 15 posts - 2,281 through 2,295 (of 5,216 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.