New Peter Joseph Film

July 2024 Forums General discussion New Peter Joseph Film

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    DJP
    Participant

So in other words Joseph has become an Anarchist Communist in all but name? Or does he not call for electoral abstinence?

ALB
    Keymaster

No, he is not an abstentionist. Here is his position as stated in the sane podcast:

“And if you’re one of those progressively minded people that’s convinced themselves, half rightly, that it doesn’t matter who you vote for, it doesn’t matter if you participate in the system, it doesn’t matter if you protest, keep in mind that it’s not that cut and dry. The system is a corporate totalitarian system in its very nature, but it can indeed get far worse. And that’s what you have to fight back through whatever in-system mechanisms you can, as we all work, of course, toward the true solution, which is total system change.”

I think that voting will be one of the “in-system mechanisms” he thinks people can use to try to stop things getting worse. I imagine he will call on people to vote against Trump, as he did last time.

Ozymandias
    Participant

By “Integral Parallel Economy Project” does P Joseph just mean Co-Ops? Funnily enough I’d almost forgotten about TZM until I listened to this latest Podcast a couple days ago. I think he would turn must workers off because of his over complex way of explaining things. In fact he did turn workers off because around 2011 it really looked as if Zeitgeist was going somewhere. Then it kind of vanished.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.