Halo Halo! Jesus v Islam: Let’s Call it a Draw

September 2024 Forums Comments Halo Halo! Jesus v Islam: Let’s Call it a Draw

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    PJShannon
    Keymaster

Following is a discussion on the page titled: Halo Halo! Jesus v Islam: Let’s Call it a Draw.
    Below is the discussion so far. Feel free to add your own comments!

Quote:
    Back here in the UK the ‘worship leader’ of the New Chapel Unitarian meeting place in Denton, Manchester was preparing to carry out their first transgender baptism. (Yes, we’ve come across this before in the Halo-Halo column, see July 2015 issue). But this time it concerns a 10 year-old child. Yes, baptisms are regularly carried out on small children, we know, but a transgender baptism being inflicted on a 10 year old?

Sorry, I'm confused, by this one.  What's different from a normal baptism?  If the child identifies as trans, then they are just re-doing the baptism with the new gender.

Quote:
    Their decision has thrilled the girl who will be baptised. In a statement released last night, she said: “I am so happy that they have now said I can be baptised because although I was previously baptised, it was as a boy, with a different name. I feel as though it was not really me who was baptised, but somebody else. At the moment I feel separate from God and as a child who has a strong faith I want to be close to Him.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/new-chapel-unitarian-church-in-manchester-to-hold-uks-first-transgender-baptism-a6847371.html

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.