Dot com bubbles, stock options and bankers bonuses

August 2024 Forums General discussion Dot com bubbles, stock options and bankers bonuses

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Hud955
    Participant

Hi all

Does anyone have any thoughts about these matters or know any good articles that will help my clarify my thoughts on them.    I've stepped into a discussion and though the broad landscape is fairly clear to me the details are blurred.  The argument is that most highly successful companies provide large stock options to their staff these days so exploitation is an outmoded idea.  Clearly this is wishful thinking stock options may be a common practice on the west coast of the US but they are hardly typical of capitalism as a whole or even in the so-called developed economies.  Presumably the aim is to get the most out of staff by offering buy in to the company.  Dot com companies rely heavily on patents to boost profits well beyond the average, so I presume this drains surplus value from other industries, and I presume also that there is a similar trade off in banking which is why bankers bonuses are so unpopular among the capitalist press.     Cheers

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.