Communist science now

August 2024 Forums General discussion Communist science now

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    gnome wrote:
    You obviously don't have a motor vehicle. Try accessing your "communist roads" in one without the requisite road tax and insurance and see what happens.

Indeed, I don't, my bicycle uses the roads for free: but even road tax is a tax on the vehicle, not on the usage of the roads per se.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Young Master Smeet wrote:
    gnome wrote:
    You obviously don't have a motor vehicle. Try accessing your "communist roads" in one without the requisite road tax and insurance and see what happens.

Indeed, I don't, my bicycle uses the roads for free: but even road tax is a tax on the vehicle, not on the usage of the roads per se.

Then you'll have to explain how a Statutory Off Road Notification permits a vehicle to remain untaxed (and uninsured) provided it is not used on a "communist road", aka public highway.   I have such a vehicle.

Gnome,you don't pay per mile, nor does vehicle tax pay for the road, it's a general tax, it just uses vehicles on the road as a means of collection.  At most it's like a club membership: you get unlimited usage: but there is no commodity relation.  The tax is on the vehicle.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.